Happy October 1st! I can’t believe it is already October. In celebration of the month of Halloween, I made these pumpkin-shaped cheddar cheese crackers. The husband calls them “cheese cookies” because they look more like cookies than crackers. I guess I could have rolled the dough thinner to make them look more like cheddar cheese crackers, but I also like their plumpness. You can get creative with the shapes you want for your cheese crackers. These pumpkin-shaped crackers make a fun appetizer recipe for a Halloween party, and they go really well with soup! I found a recipe for cheddar crackers on the Wilton website, and I have to admit I was worried about using Worcestershire sauce in my crackers (isn’t that for meat?!), but I loved how they came out – super flavorful and cheddar cheesy!
What did everyone do this weekend? I went out in North Beach for the first time, and it was a lot of fun. I also saw Looper, which was pretty good! I am usually not a fan of “shoot ’em up” movies, but this one had some great twists and an interesting story.
OK, back to these cute pumpkin cheddar crackers…
- 8 oz sharp cheddar cheese (about ½ a block), shredded
- 4 tbsp butter, softened
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ tsp paprika
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Shred the cheese by hand with a cheese grater.
- Cream the shredded cheese, butter, Worcestershire sauce and seasonings together until smooth in a standalone mixer with paddle attachment.
- Gradually add the flour to cheese mixture until well-blended.
- Flour hands and shape dough into a ball.
- Use a floured rolling and roll dough out to desired thickness (thinner will give best results).
- Use a knife or cookie cutter and transfer shapes to an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake about 12 minutes or until turning slightly golden brown.
- Remove from oven let stand a few minutes before transferring to a wire cooling rack.
Recipe adapted from Wilton Cheddar Cheese Crackers
This post is sponsored by:
Your crackers couldn’t be any cuter! I have to make these!! I have been wanting to make crackers and this recipe is perfect!!
Aww thanks Jennifer! 🙂
I think I am in love with these crackers because of the cheese 😀
Choc Chip Uru
P.S Don’t forget to enter my international giveaway in my latest post!
They are verrrry cheesy 🙂 Happy 1 year anniversary!
How cute are those?! I would use my food processor to grate the cheese, since I recently lost a battle with a grater… I’ll have to keep these in mind for soup sometime!
Ohh no! Well the food processor sounds much easier and faster 🙂
Haaa! These are so cute! I love that they’re little pumpkins! They look like better versions of cheez-its!
Adorable! Now that it’s cool enough to turn my oven on I’ve been itching to make some crackers. I think I might have to give these a try!
Thanks for visiting my site. These crackers look great, I like how you added Worcestershire sauce to them.
Aw what a cute idea! I’ve never made homemade crackers before, I’d love to give them a try!
Cookies or crackers they look amazing! I love the pumpkin shape too. Thanks for sharing:)
Good stuff! I make cheese straws that are similar. I like the inclusion of Worcestershire sauce in your recipe – I’ll have to try that. Thanks for this.
This recipe is very good.I have a blog of Italian recipes but I like to discover new flavours.Your recipes are great.
Your blog is nice to watch, to read …. and to eat
Tiene muy buena pinta probare a hacerlas,me puedes decir que grosor tienen y si necesita polvos de hornear