This easy homemade cream cheese frosting recipe goes great with pumpkin bread, red velvet cupcakes, soft sugar cookies, and so much more. It is one of the less sweet frostings and has a rich cream cheese flavor, so if you like your frosting very sweet I suggest adding more powdered sugar.
Homemade Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1 8oz package cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Add butter and cream cheese to a standalone mixer fitted with whisk attachment and blend on medium speed.
- Add vanilla followed by confectioners' sugar and blend on low speed.
- Store in refrigerator until ready for use.
Makes 2 cups of frosting
This post is sponsored by:
Hi! Thank you for the recipe! I was looking for a recipe that would require less sugar for my carrot cake cupcakes and this was perfect! I added 1 teaspoon of lemon zest to it and it turned out delicious! Everyone complimented my icing so thank you so much!
Ps: I also creamed the cream cheese first before adding the butter as a precaution against curdling.