Happy Birthday to me! Today is my 24th birthday, and I got this BEAUTIFUL new pink KitchenAid mixer! I broke that baby in right when it got here…yes I stalked FedEx all day and yes you know you’ve done it before too! I made these chocolate nutella whoopie pies with it, and they came out DELICIOUS. I give this recipe 5 stars 😉 The Nutella gives the frosting a hazelnut taste to it, which I love. You have to try this!
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- ½ tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¾ tablespoons baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1½ cups milk
- 8 tbsp shortening
- 1½ cups confectioners' sugar
- ¾ cups marshmallow topping
- 5 tbsp Nutella
- Pinch of salt
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup milk
- Preheat oven to 350 ºF.
- Beat the sugar, butter, and eggs together until well combined in a standalone mixer.
- Add the oil and vanilla and mix until blended.
- In a separate bowl, combine all of the dry ingredients.
- Add half of the dry mixture and beat until blended.
- Add ½ of the milk and beat again.
- Add remaining dry mixture and beat.
- Add remaining milk and beat until blended.
- Scoop batter onto a 2 baking sheets.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes. Let cool and transfer to a wire cooling rack.
- Add all ingredients to a standalone mixer with whisk attachment.
- Whisk on high for 5 minutes until light and fluffy.
- Spread filling onto cooled cookies.
See this post on Foodie Friday, Wonka Wednesday and Homemade Monday!
What I used to make these:
Amazon is the cheapest I have seen them, and I have done a lot of research!
This post is sponsored by: