When I first tried this homemade vanilla frosting recipe, I couldn’t stop eating it! It truly is just as good (actually, BETTER) than the store-bought kind, and it goes great on cakes or cupcakes. Its really easy too!
Better-than-Storebought Vanilla Cake Frosting
- ¼ cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1 tbsp milk
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- Cube butter and place in standalone mixer bowl.
- Using the whisk attachment, whisk butter, vanilla, and 1 cup of sugar together on medium speed until smooth.
- Add remaining sugar and 1 tbsp milk. Whisk on medium to high for a few minutes until frosting is smooth.
Makes 1 cup of frosting