Are you guys gearing up for the big game tomorrow?
Chex™ was so kind to send me a Super Bowl mailer, including some Super Bowl party essentials like serving bowls, beer glasses, adorable chalk coasters and of course Chex™ cereal to create the ultimate Super Bowl party snack: Chex™ Party Mix! They sent me a recipe to try, which was really great because it had so many different customizations that you could go with. I chose to make my party mix “cheddar themed” since I just love cheddar flavored snacks! They suggested to add in fresh cubed cheddar cheese, which is brilliant! I love how quick and easy this snack recipe is, especially when you don’t have much time before the big game.
I hope you guys like my twist on the classic Chex™ Party Mix recipe 😉 Enjoy the game!
- 1 cup Corn Chex™ cereal
- 1 cup Rice Chex™ cereal
- 1 cup Wheat Chex™ cereal
- 1 cup cheddar popcorn
- ⅓ cup mixed nuts
- ⅓ cup pretzels
- ⅓ cup cheese crackers
- ⅓ cup cubed cheddar cheese
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ⅛ tsp onion powder
- In a large microwavable bowl, mix cereal, popcorn nuts, pretzels, crackers and cheddar cheese. Set aside.
- Melt the butter and stir in the remaining seasonings. Pour over the cereal mixture and stir until coated evenly.
- Microwave for 2 minutes, stir, and repeat.
- Spread on paper towels to cool, then store in an airtight container.
Yum! That looks really good! I haven’t had Chex mix in forever! I love addition of the cheese.
I love Chex Mix! Although it’s been a good year or more since I made it — definitely need to do that again. Love the cheddar popcorn — great idea. Thanks.
This party mix is so delicious, I may not have Superbowl but I certainly have snack time 😛
Choc Chip Uru