On one of my days off this week, I made this thin crust pesto pizza. I have a basil tree that keeps growing like crazy, so I have been making a lot of pesto lately! The first time I tried pesto pizza I was a little skeptical, since tomato sauce was all I ever knew, but I loved it. I decided after making it at home that it would have been even better with chicken and artichokes added on top. For this pizza recipe, I cut down the time in the kitchen by using Boboli Thin Crust Pizza Crust. I got it in my Degustabox this month, and was so happy when it saved me so much time for this delicious pizza recipe.
Degustabox is a monthly surprise subscription food box that contains 10-15 food products delivered right to your door. Shipping is free, and it is so exciting getting to try new products in my box. Most of the products I have never seen at the grocery store before, so I learn about new products each time the box arrives. I get a lot of my recipe inspiration from the surprise products each month, too!
Get your first Degustabox filled with 10-15 full-sized goodies for only $9.99 – just for MSFK readers 🙂
- 1 Boboli Thin Crust Pizza Crust
- 2 cups fresh basil leaves
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- ¼ cup pine nuts
- ⅓ cup Parmesan cheese, plus more for topping
- ⅔ cup + 2 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 roma tomatoes, sliced
- 1 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese
- Add the yeast, sugar and water to a large bowl and stir (preparing the dough in a stand mixer with hook attachment is much easier!). Let rest 5 minutes until the yeast is foamy, then add the salt and 2 tbsp olive oil and stir.
- Add the flour a little at a time, stirring it in until blended well.
- Once all of the flour is added, knead the dough on a floured surface or in the stand mixer for 10 minutes.
- Place the dough back into the bowl and cover. Set it in a warm place and allow the dough to rise for 2 hours.
- Prepare the pesto in a food processor or blender by adding the basil, garlic, nuts, Parmesan cheese, salt, pepper and olive oil. Blend until smooth.
- Once the dough has doubled in size, roll into a large circle on a floured surface.
- Divide the dough in half (for thin crust pizzas) and transfer to greased pizza pans and spread the pesto sauce on top.
- Add the sliced tomatoes, mozzarella cheese and Parmesan cheese on top.
- Bake in the oven at 425 degrees F for 15 minutes.