Happy Belated Easter! I hope everyone had a wonderful day yesterday. I sadly did not get to spend Easter with my family this year because the drive to LA from SF is a bit too far for one weekend 🙁
I made these chocolate oatmeal cookies with walnuts for my meeting tonight (any excuse to bake cookies, right?!). I always wanted to try chocolate oatmeal cookies, and I decided to leave out chocolate chips because I thought they would be too rich. I love the combination of walnuts and chocolate, mmmmm <3
Chocolate Walnut Oatmeal Cookies
- ½ cup butter
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup rolled oats
- ½ cup walnut pieces
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
- In a large bowl, cream together butter, brown sugar and white sugar on medium speed.
- Beat in the egg and vanilla.
- Add dry ingredients a little at a time on low speed.
- Mix in the oats and walnuts with a spoon.
- Drop onto cookie sheets using a cookie scooper or teaspoon.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Transfer and cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes.
Makes 24 cookies
This post is sponsored by:
The cookies look fantastic! What a nice way to get in your chocolate fix!! I love it!!
Wow, what a delicious cookie! Bring these and I’ll be your family, anytime. 🙂
I made exactly by recipe and they were too dry and way too crumbly. Never make again. You probably won’t post this complaint.
Hi Judy! So sorry they didn’t turn out for you ;(
I added instant coffee powder and dried cranberries too, for a yummy mocha flavor and burst of tart w the cranberries.