FREEEDDOMMM! Today is officially my first day of summer vacation. After a long week of final exams, my bike getting stolen, and almost losing my website (backup your files!!), I am ready for some relaxation in the sun. I made these frozen vanilla yogurt-covered organic strawberries the other day in celebration of the beginning of summer. Strawberries are one of my favorite fruits. They are a refreshing and healthy snack! Some tips: the double coat is a must, and don’t freeze them too long unless you want to bite into a rock. These might not make the best dessert or appetizer for a dinner party, since once out of the freezer they tend to get a little messy. Toothpicks should be very helpful. What are your plans for the summer?? XoXo
- Fresh organic strawberries
- Vanilla yogurt
- Wax paper
- Wash and slice heads off of the desired amount of strawberries.
- Dip into vanilla yogurt and place flat-side down onto a small baking tray that will fit in your freezer lined with wax paper.
- Insert toothpicks if desired.
- Freeze for 30 minutes, then remove from the freezer and dip again for a second coat.
- Freeze for about 1 hour. You can test with your finger to see how hard they are-remember not to freeze too long since they might be too hard to eat that way.
- Remove from freezer and enjoy!
This post is sponsored by: