Lately I have been looking for “light” dessert recipes because my wedding is less than 4 months away and I want to look my best! That means no more cookies for a while :/ I used light cream cheese and low fat yogurt to create this light raspberry crumb cake and it came out delish! I love the sliced almonds topping. It isn’t too sweet to the point of making you feel sick after eating it, and it is still a very satisfying dessert for those of you counting calories!
Recipe adapted from Fitness Magazine.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ⅓ cup sugar (+ 1 tbsp for raspberry sauce)
- Pinch of salt
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter
- ½ cup low-fat vanilla yogurt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- 4 ounces light cream cheese
- 1 cup fresh or frozen raspberries
- 1 tbsp cornstarch dissolved in ¼ cup warm water
- Sliced almonds for topping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine flour, sugar, and salt in a large bowl, then cut in butter with a pastry blender until crumbly.
- Remove ½ cup and set aside for later.
- Add yogurt, vanilla, egg, baking powder, and baking soda to crumb mixture.
- Beat with electric mixer at medium speed until blended.
- Pour into 8-inch-round nonstick pie dish.
- Add raspberries, 1 tbsp sugar and cornstarch mixture to a small saucepan and heat over medium heat. Bring to a soft boil and simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add cream cheese and raspberry sauce and beat at low speed until blended.
- Spread evenly over batter.
- Top with reserved flour mixture and sliced almonds.
- Bake for 45 minutes (edges will be browned and center firm).
- Cool and then refrigerate at least 3 hours before serving.
This post is sponsored by: