This strawberry glaze recipe is made from scratch with fresh strawberries. It makes a great topping for pancakes, waffles, or angel food cake. I used my handy Kitchen Aid mini food processor to purée the strawberries. If you don’t already have one, you can find them on Amazon for a decent price. I recently used this strawberry topping along with an angel food cake to make a strawberry shortcake dessert for a dinner party, and it was a hit! What is your favorite fruit topping?
- 2½ cups fresh strawberries
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2½ tsp cornstarch dissolved in 2 tbsp cold water
- ½ tbsp butter
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Wash strawberries and cut off tops.
- Purée 2 cups of washed strawberries in a food processor and add to a small saucepan.
- Heat saucepan over medium heat and add sugar and cornstarch mixture. Bring to a boil, then simmer for 2 minutes while stirring.
- Remove from heat and add butter and lemon juice. Stir until blended.
- Allow cool to room temperature, then chill in the refrigerator.
This post is sponsored by: