Chicken fingers are my favorite “kids menu” item at restaurants, and yes I still get them sometimes 🙂 Now that I have Leila, I totally won’t feel awkward asking for things off the kids menu anymore. I like my chicken fingers salty and crunchy. That’s why I love this baked pretzel chicken fingers recipe! It is really easy to make, and a big winner with adults and kids alike. Instead of frying the chicken fingers in oil, I bake them, so they are healthier. Even though these pretzel chicken fingers are baked instead of fried, they are still really crunchy! They are most delicious when nice and hot out of the oven.
For this pretzel chicken fingers recipe, I used Foster Farms Organic Chicken Breasts. I was excited to hear about the launch of this chicken in major grocery stores, because the chicken is California grown and family-owned, free-range, non-GMO and American Humane Certified. It is also free of injected sodium enhancers, additives and preservatives. Since having a baby, it is more important than ever for me to know where my food is coming from and the practices behind the preparation.
If you live in the Bay Area, you can find Foster Farms Organic Chicken Breasts in Safeway stores. Foster Farms is demoing the new line at Safeway stores on weekends March 2 – May 8.
Foster Farms is sponsoring 3 $20 Safeway gift cards so that you can try their new organic chicken and create your own recipe with it (or make this baked pretzel chicken finger recipe! :)). All you have to do to enter is fill out the Rafflecopter below. The more entries you rack up, the higher chance you have at winning!
Rules: US residents only. Enter by 3/4 at midnight PST. Winner will be contacted via email and displayed on the Rafflecopter widget on this post shortly after the end of the giveaway window and will have 48 hours to respond before a new winner is chosen.
- 2 Foster Farms Organic chicken breasts
- ¼ cup flour
- 1 egg
- ½ tsp Dijon mustard
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 cup mini pretzel twists
- Black ground pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Beat the egg with the mustard, salt and garlic powder in a small shallow bowl.
- Add the pretzels to a blender, food processor, or plastic bag and crush.
- Slice each chicken breast into 3 long pieces ("fingers").
- Dip each piece into the flour, then the egg mixture, then coat in the pretzel crumbs.
- Bake in the oven on a greased baking sheet for 25-30 minutes, checking the temperature is at least 165 F. Turn over when halfway done.
This post is sponsored by Foster Farms. All opinions are my own.