Spread some holiday cheer with these candy cane cake pops! Vanilla cake is mixed with whipped vanilla frosting, formed in balls and then coated in white chocolate and topped with crushed candy canes for a festive individual dessert idea.
I know Thanksgiving is tomorrow, but I just can’t hold my excitement for Christmas back any longer! My favorite holiday is only one month away, so I think it is perfectly acceptable to already start holiday baking NOW. Please forgive me 😉 These candy cane cake pops will surely brighten up your dessert table this holiday season. They make a nice homemade gift as well! You can wrap them individually in cellophane and then tie them with holiday ribbon and tags before giving them away to your family and friends. For this candy cane cake pops recipe, I used Betty Crocker Super Moist Yellow Cake Mix and Whipped Vanilla Frosting. They are really quick and easy to make, and I think they look very festive for the holiday season! Make holiday entertaining easy this year with these individual cake pops for your dessert menu.
After forming the balls and letting them chill in the refrigerator, just dip them in melted white chocolate chips mixed with a little coconut oil and then sprinkle crushed candy cane pieces on top. They set very quickly, so no need to wait a long time before you can enjoy them! If you want extra peppermint flavor, try adding some peppermint extract to your cake mix before making the balls.
You can grab some coupons for Betty Crocker products from WinCo here! Don’t forget to shop the bulk bins to complete your recipes.
Here is how you make these candy cane cake pops step-by-step:
First you need to bake the cake…
Then let it cool and rip it into pieces. Toss the cake pieces in your stand mixer or beat them with an electric mixer until crumbly.
Add the frosting and mix until well blended. Then, form balls with your hands and let them chill in the refrigerator.
Crush some candy canes with a hammer.
Melt the white chocolate chips and coconut oil in the microwave, stir, and then dip a small part of the cake pop stick into it. Stick into the cake balls about halfway, then dip the whole cake ball in the chocolate and tap a few times to get the extra chocolate off. Sprinkle with the crushed candy cane and set in styrofoam or a cake pop holder to set.
- 1 box Betty Crocker Super Moist Yellow Cake Mix
- 1 tub whipped vanilla frosting
- 1 12 oz bag white chocolate chips
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 4 candy canes, crushed
- Bake the yellow cake according to package directions and allow it to cool.
- Rip up the cake into pieces and mix in a stand mixer or with an electric mixer until crumbly.
- Add the tub of frosting and blend well.
- Form 1-inch balls with your hands and cover with plastic wrap. Chill in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Melt the white chocolate chips and coconut oil in the microwave 20 seconds at a time.
- Dip the end of the cake pop sticks in chocolate and insert halfway into the cake balls.
- Dip each cake ball all the way in the melted white chocolate and tap a few times to shake off the excess chocolate.
- Sprinkle crushed candy cane pieces on top and allow them to set in a cake pop holder or in styrofoam.
Betty Crocker and Chex are sponsoring a $10 PayPal cash giveaway so you can make your own festive cake pops or other dessert this holiday season! Enter via the Rafflecopter widget below by 12/18 if you have a PayPal account (or are willing to sign up for one to recieve the prize). A winner will be randomly chosen and contacted via email within 24 hours of the end of the giveaway. If no response is received within 48 hours, another winner will be chosen.
I can’t wait to see what you create! Good luck 🙂