This chocolate babka is the stuff dreams are made of…ok, maybe its just the Nutella inside. I love eating a slice for breakfast with my coffee! One loaf never lasts an entire day around here, it is too delicious. I make the dough in my Thermomix® using the knead function, then spread the Nutella on top and twist it around (see my YouTube video for the tutorial below).
Babka is a sweet Jewish bread and can be made many different ways. The most popular babka recipes include chocolate babka and cinnamon babka – yum!
3/4 cup whole milk
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup unsalted butter, room temp
1 tsp active dry yeast
1 tsp salt
3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup chocolate almond spread
1 egg yolk
- Add milk, sugar, yeast and butter to Thermomix® mixing bowl or stand mixer with hook attachment and mix on low speed for 1 minute.
- Slowly mix in the flour, salt and eggs.
- Knead for 4 min in the Thermomix®, or 15 min by hand. Place in a bowl and cover. Let rise 1h.
- Roll dough onto a floured surface about 1/4 inch thick and spread Nutella on top. Cut in half with a long knife and place seam side down (see video tutorial below), then twist the two pieces together and place in a loaf pan.
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix egg yolk and milk and brush over brioche dough.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until golden brown.
Disclaimer: I am a Thermomix® consultant and sell them as an independent business. “THERMOMIX,” “VORWERK,” “COOKKEY,” and “COOKIDOO” are a registered trademark of VORWERK (or its affiliates). VORWERK does not support, authorize or endorse this site.