I know Christmas is now over, but we have still been enjoying all of the wonderful holiday treats! I wanted to share one last holiday recipe before the New Year. This bite-sized chocolate peanut butter ball recipe is one of my mom’s classic Christmas recipes, and she puts them out every year. Smooth, fluffy peanut butter is covered in a layer of rich chocolate. The cute top decoration was her idea. Caution: these guys are really addicting!
For another chocolatey-peanut butter treat, check out my puppy chow recipe!
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter, softened
- 1 8 oz bag semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Mini baking cups
- Mix sugar, peanut butter, and butter in a large bowl with a fork.
- Make 1 inch balls with hands, and stick a tooth pick in the center.
- Place on a cookie sheet lined with wax paper.
- Refrigerate 1 hour.
- In the meantime, melt chocolate in a Little Dipper crockpot, or over very low heat in a small saucepan on stove (if on stove, stir occasionally to avoid burning the chocolate).
- Stir chocolate once melted, and keep warm until peanut butter balls are ready for dipping.
- After 1 hour, remove balls from the refrigerator and one by one dip in the melted chocolate to cover.
- Place back onto wax paper lined cookie sheet and decorate as desired.
- Refrigerate for 20-30 minutes before eating to allow chocolate to harden.
- Place in mini baking cups before serving.
This post is sponsored by: