I adapted this recipe from Betty Crocker’s Chex® Muddy Buddies® recipe. There are many names for it, and puppy chow is just one of them. It actually does look like dog food, but it tastes so good! They are an excellent snack mix to put out at a holiday party, or you can keep them for yourself 😉 I love all things chocolate and peanut butter, so this is one of my favorite snacks. It is incredibly easy to make, and only takes 10 minutes plus cooling time. Warning: they are extremely addicting!!
- 5 cups Barbara's Shredded Spoonfuls Multigrain (or other cereal similar to Chex®)
- ½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ¼ cup chunky peanut butter
- 2 tbsp butter
- ½ tsp vanilla
- ¾ cup powdered sugar
- Microwave chocolate, butter and peanut butter for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Stir until smooth, and add vanilla.
- Pour over cereal in a large bowl and mix carefully for a few minutes until all cereal is coated.
- Pour into a gallon sized ziplock bag and add powdered sugar. Shake to coat.
- Pour over wax paper and let cool for 1 hour.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
This post is sponsored by: