This weekend we took a little weekend getaway to Lake Tahoe, and after a weekend of skiing, fresh air, gorgeous scenery and the jacuzzi I feel so refreshed and ready for the week! I hope you had a nice weekend too! This was the view from our room at breakfast this morning:
This week’s Sunday funday recipe is no-bake cocoa banana energy bites. They are incredibly easy to make (can you tell that already from the “no-bake” part?), and great for snacks on-the-go. I love to make these and bring them for a hike or bike trip because they give you a great boost of energy. Each one has close to 100 calories and is packed with protein and fiber. They are pretty addicting, if they weren’t so high in calories I would eat a dozen in one sitting!
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Crush the banana chips with the back of a butterknife and add to a large mixing bowl.
- Add the oats and cocoa to the banana chips and mix together.
- Add the peanut butter and honey and stir well.
- Place in the refrigerator and chill for 30 minutes.
- Once chilled, remove from the refrigerator and form small 1-inch balls with your hands.
- Place onto a baking sheet and chill for 15-30 minutes (until firm).
- Store in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to one week.