Two of our dear friends are moving to Germany, so yesterday before going over to say goodbye I quickly whipped up these yummy chocolate cupcakes with homemade buttercream frosting topped with a fresh, sliced strawberry. These chocolate cupcakes are perfectly moist and fudgy, with rich chocolate flavor and the perfect amount of sweetness. I adapted this recipe from Hershey’s and have been using this chocolate cupcake recipe for years. They turn out great every time! Note: You can double the recipe if needed.
|Chocolate Cupcake Recipe||
- 1 1/3 cup flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- Preheat oven to 350 ºF.
- In a large bowl, add dry ingredients and mix well with a whisk or fork.
- Add egg, milk, vanilla, and melted butter and mix together for 2 min on medium speed.
- Add 1/2 cup boiling water and stir with a large spoon.
- Line 12 cupcake pan with paper bake cups.
- Fill bake cups 2/3 full.
- Bake at 350 ºF for 22-25 mins, until toothpick comes out of center of cupcake clean and the centers are no longer sunk in the middle. [img src=”http://mysanfranciscokitchen.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/cupcakes-oven.jpg” /]
- Let cool for 30 min before frosting.
- Frost with buttercream frosting, or other frosting of your choice, and top with a fresh, sliced strawberry! [img src=”http://mysanfranciscokitchen.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/chocolate-cupcake.jpg” /]