OK, I know I have been really bad about posting recipes this week, but it is my last week of my first rotation and it has kept me so busy! Tomorrow is my last day, then I have a short break before the next. I actually don’t have any plans for my week off, but sometimes that is the best – to have a week of having absolutely NO PLANS! 🙂
This curried sweet potato and tofu dish is really easy to make during week nights, and perfect for “Meatless Monday” or any other time you are in the mood for a vegetarian dish. I love sweet potatoes, and I love curry, so this is one of my favorite dishes to make for lunch or dinner. It is not very spicy, but it is easy to add more spice to it if you wish. I used one NatureBox’s Taj Mahal Snack Mix, which has curried nuts and raisins, to give it some more texture and flavor. You can see this recipe on the NatureBox blog here!
Are you a fan of curry? What about tofu? I used to dislike tofu, but it kind of grew on me! In fact, the other day I made some low-fat chocolate mousse made out of…you guessed it, tofu!
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- ½ onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and diced
- ½ cup NatureBox Taj Mahal Snack Mix (www.naturebox.com)
- 2 tbsp curry powder
- ¼ tsp ginger powder
- 1 cup light coconut milk
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- ½ package (7 oz) extra-firm tofu, drained and cubed
- Fresh cilantro for garnish
- Heat 1 tbsp canola oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add sweet potatoes, onion and garlic and simmer for 7 minutes, until onions are translucent.
- Add the curry powder, ginger, pepper and coconut milk.
- Stir well and simmer for 15 minutes.
- In the meantime, heat 1 tbsp oil in a separate skillet over medium heat.
- Add tofu and sprinkle salt on top. Stir occasionally while cooking for 4 minutes.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- After the curry is done simmering (after about 15 minutes), potatoes should be tender.
- Once done, add the tofu and Taj Mahal Snack Mix and stir well.
- Serve immediately over jasmine rice and sprinkle freshly chopped cilantro over the top for garnish.
I get late night munchies on a regular basis (usually I just sleep it off). And tonight, this dish is what I’m craving! It looks so hearty and filling. I love curry. It’s so full of flavor, and easy to make!
That sounds like a wonderful combination! Would love to try out your recipe!
This look so yummy! I never understand why people shy away from tofu – it basically soaks up all of the flavors and gives dishes a burst of YUM! Thanks!
My husband just bought tofu and I’ve never made it before so I was lost as to what to do with it. So glad I saw this recipe. 🙂
Great flavors going on here! YUmmmmmm!
Thanks for another healthy and delicious recipe! Had a peak at your low- fat chocolate mousse recipe as well. Great tips.
Hugs to you and enjoy your week off.
Mariette’s Back to Basics
Mmm, sweet potatoes are a favourite yet you make them even better 😀
Wow, good for you!! Rotations are hard work, and you’ve actually been able to cook a delicious meal on top of all of the stress and busy-ness of that? You must be superwoman! Good luck with the rest of yours rotations!
I am loving all the healthy dishes you’ve been posting! I tried the chocolate mousse recipe using tofu – it was ah-mazing. Can’t wait to try this one!
I love curry and I like tofu but I don’t cook with it all that often. I really should! I would like to make this curry as it looks like a great family meal. Enjoy your rotation break xx
Sweet potatoes are great in a curry! Such a great flavor. And the tofu is a nice addition, and looks so nice. Beautiful dish! Thanks.
I love curry, and have never tried tofu at home, but that needs to change! I love this too!
This dish looks yummy. My entire family loves curry and it’s really a nice idea to add tofu in it. Gotta have to try it this week. Thanks.
Thanks I hope you enjoy!