When I went home for the holidays, my Dad made these incredible stuffed mushrooms for New Year’s Eve. I myself am not a huge mushroom fan, but these make a wonderful appetizer. Thanks for the secret recipe, Dad 🙂
Dad's Stuffed Mushrooms
- 16 large white mushrooms, stemmed
- 5 mushroom stems, chopped
- ¼ cup green onions, chopped
- ¼ cup jalapeños, chopped
- ¼ cup cooked bacon, chopped (or Real Bacon Bits)
- 1 8oz package of cream cheese
- 1 tbsp sherry wine
- ¼ cup shredded jack, cheddar, mozzarella mix
- Preheat oven to 350 ºF.
- Cook bacon in a skillet and chop (if not using Real Bacon Bits).
- Place green onions, jalapeños, bacon bits, mushroom stems, and cream cheese in a medium-sized bowl.
- Microwave 20 seconds to soften.
- Mix all ingredients together with a fork.
- Place mushrooms on a baking sheet about ½ inch apart.
- Sprinkle a few drops of sherry into each mushroom.
- Spoon ingredients from bowl into each mushroom.
- Sprinkle shredded cheese mixture on top of each mushroom.
- Bake at 350 ºF for 25 minutes. Mushrooms should be cooked through.
- Serve with toothpicks in the center of each mushroom.
Makes 16 stuffed mushrooms
This post is sponsored by: