Remember last week when I told you I had another creation up my sleeve for the Ragú New Tra-Dish campaign? Here it is! Chicken Cacciatore Skewers. Did you know that cacciatore in Italian means “hunter”? In Italy, cacciatore is made with ingredients such as meat, onions, tomatoes and herbs. I used Ragú® Old World Style® Traditional Sauce to turn this traditional Italian dish into a flavorful appetizer. Onions and mushrooms are cooked in a skillet, then they are mixed into the sauce and brushed over grilled chicken skewers. I sprinkled some oregano over the top for extra flavor and a finished look.
In case you missed my last post reviewing Ragú, here is more about Ragú® Old World Style® Traditional Sauce.
Each jar of Ragú® Old World Style® Traditional Sauce is made with 11 tomatoes, so it is incredibly thick! This sauce has an authentic Italian taste, and goes great with your favorite Italian-style recipes. For more quick and easy recipe ideas using Ragú sauces, visit their Facebook page: Facebook.com/RaguSauce
Visit www.RaguSweeps.com to enter the Ragú Better and Better Sweepstakes for a chance to win great Authentic Italian themed prizes and a grand prize trip to Venice for a family of four!
Abbreviated contest rules: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Legal residents of the 50 United States (D.C.) 18 years and older. Ends 5/6/14. To enter and for Official Rules, icluding odds, alternate method of entry, and prize descriptions, visit www.RaguSweeps.com. Void where prohibited.
Now back to these yummy skewers! Here is how you make them:
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 10 oz chopped mushrooms
- 1 jar Ragú® Old World Style® Traditional Sauce
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Oregano for garnish
- Heat olive oil on medium-low in a sauce pan.
- Add the mushrooms and onion and cook until onions are translucent.
- Add the sauce and stir. Keep on low heat.
- Preheat a grill pan. In the meantime, chop the chicken breasts into bite-sized pieces and slide onto wood skewers. Sprinkle salt and pepper over the chicken as desired.
- Once the grill is ready, cook the chicken through (about 5 minutes).
- Brush the sauce over the chicken and sprinkle oregano on top.
- Serve warm.
Disclaimer: This post is sponsored by Ragú. All opinions are my own.
Chicken cacciatore on skewers? What a fun idea! And perfectly executed. Good stuff — thanks.
Great looking skewers!
These skewers look addictive, so flavoursome 😀
And I love the colour!
Choc Chip Uru