It felt so nice to sleep in this morning! The weekends make me so happy, not only because I don’t have to wake up at 5/6 am and leave for work in the cold darkness, but I get to actually cook a full meal! I like to take my time in the kitchen when I am cooking, and unfortunately during the week it is usually hard to find enough time to cook as much as I want to. Today I made grilled salmon for lunch with a honey glaze on top. The summer after I graduated from college, my family and I went on a cruise to Alaska and we have the best salmon ever. I remember the chef brushing a delicious glaze over the top just before it was done on the grill. This recipe is my attempt of capturing that moment again, that incredible salmon. I must say, it came pretty darn close!! 🙂 I made it on my indoor grill (since we aren’t allowed to BBQ anywhere near our apartment – booo). One tip I have is to *wait* to glaze the salmon until the last few minutes of cooking – if you do it too early, it will just all burn. This honey glazed salmon recipe goes very well with a side of edamame beans.
- 1 lb salmon fillet
- 2 tsp honey
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp ginger
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat an indoor grill (can also use outdoor grill).
- Cut the salmon fillet into individual pieces (I got four pieces out of mine).
- Sprinkle salt and pepper over the top side to season.
- In a small bowl, mix honey, soy sauce and ginger together with a fork.
- Place the salmon SKIN SIDE UP on the grill, and close. Cook for 3 minutes, then flip and close grill again.
- Cook for 2 minutes, then brush the glaze over the salmon and close again.
- After 30 seconds, re-open and brush glaze over the salmon. Repeat this a few times until the salmon is fully cooked (you can check by flaking a pieces off with a fork - should come off easily).