It felt so nice to sleep in this morning! The weekends make me so happy, not only because I don’t have to wake up at 5/6 am and leave for work in the cold darkness, but I get to actually cook a full meal! I like to take my time in the kitchen when I am cooking, and unfortunately during the week it is usually hard to find enough time to cook as much as I want to. Today I made grilled salmon for lunch with a honey glaze on top. The summer after I graduated from college, my family and I went on a cruise to Alaska and we have the best salmon ever. I remember the chef brushing a delicious glaze over the top just before it was done on the grill. This recipe is my attempt of capturing that moment again, that incredible salmon. I must say, it came pretty darn close!! 🙂 I made it on my indoor grill (since we aren’t allowed to BBQ anywhere near our apartment – booo). One tip I have is to *wait* to glaze the salmon until the last few minutes of cooking – if you do it too early, it will just all burn. This honey glazed salmon recipe goes very well with a side of edamame beans.
- 1 lb salmon fillet
- 2 tsp honey
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp ginger
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat an indoor grill (can also use outdoor grill).
- Cut the salmon fillet into individual pieces (I got four pieces out of mine).
- Sprinkle salt and pepper over the top side to season.
- In a small bowl, mix honey, soy sauce and ginger together with a fork.
- Place the salmon SKIN SIDE UP on the grill, and close. Cook for 3 minutes, then flip and close grill again.
- Cook for 2 minutes, then brush the glaze over the salmon and close again.
- After 30 seconds, re-open and brush glaze over the salmon. Repeat this a few times until the salmon is fully cooked (you can check by flaking a pieces off with a fork - should come off easily).
I would love to do a cruise through Alaska. That must have been an incredible holiday. We are cruising in January but going around the Pacific Islands like Vanuatu, Noumea and Fiji. Your glazed salmon looks and sounds wonderful and I love how you served it simply with the endamame beans xx
We did an Alaskan cruise a few years ago – such a great way to see the Alaskan coast! You’re right that the salmon was so incredible. And speaking of incredible, this looks so great too! Thanks for this.
Oh, that salmon looks delicious.
Salmon with the glaze is awesome. I make a version of this and it’s always a hit. Love the combination.