Did I ever tell you that sweet potatoes are one of my favorite foods? Any time, any place, cooked any way, I love sweet potatoes! An added bonus is that they are healthy for you too. This recipe for roasted cinnamon almond sweet potatoes combines the subtly sweet flavor of sweet potatoes with a touch of cinnamon and nutmeg and a crunch of almonds. This reminds me more of a fall recipe; however, I love eating them year round. This sweet potato recipe is really easy to make (besides the chopping!) and uses a healthy helping of olive oil to coat. These make a great side dish if you are craving something a little sweet, but I sometimes make them just as a snack!
This week is my last week of school, probably ever! It still hasn’t hit me that finals are next week…Looks like it is going to be a busy (and painful) weekend with my lecture notes!! In fact, I am shutting off my internet after posting this to make sure I actually study today-don’t want to have to cram last minute. It is exciting that in one year from now I will be done with the program, and then who knows what is in store for me 🙂 As for this weekend, I see a huge batch of brownies in the near future…
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Peel and cube the sweet potatoes, then add them to a mixing bowl.
- Add the olive oil, lemon juice, honey, salt and pepper and mix together well.
- Transfer the potatoes to a baking tray in one single layer.
- Bake for 15 minutes, then remove from oven and sprinkle cinnamon and nutmeg over the potatoes.
- Use a spatula to flip the potatoes over, and sprinkle more cinnamon and nutmeg over the potatoes.
- Evenly toss the cinnamon spice almonds over the potatoes and place back in the oven.
- Bake for 10 more minutes.
- Serve immediately.