Who doesn’t love the smell of apple crisp baking in the oven? Whenever I buy too much fruit I try to think of ways to use it before it goes bad. I bought way too many apples this week, so I used some up in the delicious, organic apple crisp dessert. I always try to cut down the sugar as much as I can, especially because I use Gala apples which are already sweet. If you use tart apples like the green ones you may want to keep the amount of sugar the same or increase it a little.
Tonight I went on a run and when I came home I was too lazy to cook dinner for myself so I made a gourmet Trader Joe’s frozen pizza for dinner…I know…Now you know I must be tired since I almost never turn down cooking on any given day. Three more weeks until spring break and no more worrying about school for a bit. What’s your favorite fruit dessert?? XoXo
- 4 large gala apples
- ⅓ cup butter
- ½ cup flour
- ½ cup quick oats
- ⅓ cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ¾ tsp nutmeg
- 2 tbsp slice almonds
- Wash and peel apples, then set aside.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Blend sugar, flour, butter, and spices together with a fork or pastry blender until crumbly.
- Mix in oats until well blended. Set aside.
- Thinly slice apples and layer in an 8x8 glass baking dish.
- Top with crumbly crust mixture, and sprinkle sliced almonds over the top.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until top is golden brown.
- Let cool 5 minutes before serving warm.
- Serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
Make your life easier with an apple peeler!
This post is sponsored by: