We’re back from Hawaii! Photos soon =) Today was unpacking/cleaning day, so I was in a snacking mood and made this yummy pine nut and cilantro hummus!
Last time I went home to visit my family, my mom and I experimented with different hummus recipes. We made this delicious cilantro and jalapeño hummus, which was gone before the day was over! Recently, I tried a storebought flavor of hummus with pine nuts. It was really delicious, and since I prefer making my own homemade hummus, I thought I would give it a try. This pine nut and cilantro hummus is really flavorful, and goes very well with vegetables or pita chips!
- 1 can (15 oz) garbanzo beans, rinsed
- 2 tbsp tahini
- ½ lemon, juiced
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ⅓ cup toasted pine nuts (more for garnish)
- ¼ tsp cumin
- ¼ tsp salt (or more to taste)
- 1 tbsp fresh chopped cilantro (more for garnish)
- Add all ingredients to a food processor or blender and run on "high" for 1 minute.
- Scrape the sides with a spatula and run on "high" again for 1 minute.
- Taste and add additional salt, cumin or lemon juice if desired.
- Top with fresh cilantro, chopped pine nuts and olive oil.
- Keep refrigerated for up to 3 days.