For my week off, I made a “to-do” list:
- Clean out my closet [as my mom says, if you haven’t worn it in one year, donate it!]
- Re-organize the kitchen
Ok, so the last one probably won’t happen. I do live in San Francisco, remember?? 🙂 It has actually been sunny the past few days, so you never know!
Quinoa Zucchini Boats
- 4 medium organic zucchini
- 1 cup organic white quinoa
- 2 cups filtered water
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 organic roma tomatoes, diced
- ¼ cup light feta cheese
- ¼ cup garbanzo beans
- 2 tbsp slivered almonds
- 1 tsp dried basil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Add water, garlic and quinoa to a rice cooker (or bring water and garlic to boil, then add quinoa and once it starts boiling again lower heat and cover) and cook for 15 minutes. Remove lid, fluff and cool.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet with two pieces of aluminum foil, side-by-side.
- Slice the zucchinis in half, longwise.
- Use a teaspoon to carve out the seeds.
- Add olive oil, tomatoes, feta cheese, basil, almonds and garbanzo beans to the quinoa and mix well.
- Fill zucchini boats with quinoa mix and place on the aluminum foil, four per sheet.
- Take each side of the aluminum foil and bring together over the top of the zucchini boats to cover them.
- Bake for 18 minutes, then open aluminum foil for the last 7 minutes until slightly browned. If you like it crunchier, you can leave it open-faced longer.
Makes 8 zucchini boats
Perfect recipe for meatless Monday!
I love quinoa too, but I’ve never thought about making zucchini boats with it. Great idea, that I will definitely be trying!
Zucchini boats are my fav! I love that you used quinoa!
Agreed on quinoa, so easy and fast to cook. This recipe looks amazing, yum!
Loving your come back to quinoa 🙂
Choc Chip Uru
I think these look lovely and so good for you. I cooked with zucchini and quinoa last night but it was a very different recipe. We should swap! xx
I would love to try your recipe too!
Those look perfect! Cant wait to try them 🙂
Thanks Carla 😀
Quinoa is such good stuff! And zucchini boats always look so attractive. Good recipe – thanks!
This looks delicious! Love the chickpeas and quinoa, great combination. I love stuffed zucchini, it’s so versatile.
What a great idea! I love this for my meatless dinners. 🙂
What a wonderful recipe! A great meatless idea!
Thank you Holly 🙂
What a yummy looking quinoa dish! I love adding tomatoes to my quinoa too, and garbanzo beans with it sounds awesome! Tanning is always on one of my mental lists of things-to-do that pretty much never gets done haha. 🙂
Thank you so much!
I have a few zucchinis waiting to be picked in my garden and then that will be in for this summer 🙁 But I know what I want to make with them now! These look delicious, love that they are so healthy too 🙂 Thanks for sharing this recipe!
I need to grow some zucchini! That sounds amazing 😉