Happy Friday everyone! Any plans for the weekend? Last night Fabi and I went to Macy’s to do our wedding registry, and it was so much fun. We thought we would be done with everything in an hour, but it took us a whole hour to pick out sheets and comforter colors… Ahhh. After 2 hours we still weren’t close to being done, but we did do most of the big things. I still have to decide on 2 more places to register, I’m thinking Bed, Bath & Beyond and Crate & Barrel or Sur La Table?? I can’t decide.
We had a bake sale fundraiser for my class the other day at school, so I tried this new red velvet cupcake recipe with cream cheese frosting. I couldn’t eat too many because after seeing the amount of butter and sugar that went into making them, and only about 16 came out, I felt wayy too guilty! Does anyone have any healthier recipes to share? I have never seen any…maybe because red velvet cupcakes need all that butter to be so yummy and velvety 😉
Recipe adapted from McCormick Red Velvet Cupcakes
- 2¼ cups flour
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- ½ cup milk
- 1 (1 ounce) bottle red food color
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Whisk together flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt in medium bowl and set aside.
- Cream butter and sugar in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time.
- Add sour cream, milk, food color and vanilla and blend on medium.
- Add flour mixture a little at a time on low speed until just blended.
- Spoon fluffy batter into lined muffin cups, and fill each cup ⅔ full.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted into cupcake comes out clean.
- Cool in pan 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack and let cool 1 hour.
- Frost with cream cheese frosting (recipe above).
This post is sponsored by: