Some nights you just need an easy dinner recipe. All you need for this healthy chicken pesto pasta recipe is a few fresh cherry tomatoes, chicken breasts, fettuccine (or your favorite type of pasta noodles) and pesto sauce! The other day I made my own homemade pesto sauce, and made this chicken pesto pasta dish in minutes. I used fresh organic, free-range chicken breasts from Trader Joes, which I personally think tastes better and is healthier for you than the frozen non-organic, non-free range chicken. I just love the flavor that the cherry tomatoes add to this simple pasta dish!
I have a hungry husband in the other room, so I’m off to make a Quiche Lorraine. Have a great day!
Chicken Pesto Pasta
- 2 organic free-range chicken breasts
- ½ lb fettuccine noodles
- ½ cup pesto sauce
- 10 cherry tomatoes
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh basil for garnish
- Slice the chicken breasts in half so you have 4 pieces.
- Add vegetable oil to a medium skillet and heat over medium-high heat.
- Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper and add to skillet. Fry for a few minutes on each side. The chicken breasts will be browned and juices should run clear when fully cooked.
- Bring water to boil in a large pot and add fettuccine noodles. Boil for 10 minutes. Add a bit of olive oil to prevent sticking.
- Strain noodles and rinse quickly with cold water.
- If noodles are sticking, rub your hands with a little olive oil and rub over noodles while pulling them apart.
- Toss noodles with pesto sauce, and top with chicken fresh basil and tomatoes.
Makes 2 servings
This post is sponsored by:
That looks fresh, healthy, easy, AND delicious!!!
This looks delicious! Thanks for stopping by my blog so I could find yours – your photography is beautiful!
Thanks Kristy! I am glad I found your blog too, stop by anytime to say hi!
I could live on pesto. And chocolate. Love this recipe!
So healthy and delicious looking! 😀
Choc Chip Uru