Capellini is my favorite kind of pasta. It is thin and light, but a little more durable and easier to work with than angel hair pasta. I can eat it with just about anything! The other day I made this tomato basil mushroom chicken and served it over capellini pasta. I love cooking with fresh tomatoes and basil because the resulting flavor combination is amazing. This chicken dish is really easy to make and healthy too!
Tomato Basil Mushroom Chicken Pasta
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup chopped organic white mushrooms
- 1 cup organic cherry tomatoes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ cup freshly chopped basil
- 12 oz capellini pasta
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Parmesan cheese for topping
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add the chopped onions, mushroom and garlic and stir occasionally for 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper over the chicken breasts, then slice each on in half longwise.
- Add the chicken breasts to the skillet and brown all sides.
- Once chicken is browned, add the tomatoes and chicken broth and bring to a boil.
- Cover and turn the heat down to low.
- Simmer for 15-20 minutes, until chicken is cooked through.
- In the meantime, cook the pasta according the the directions on the package and drain.
- Serve the tomato mushroom chicken over the pasta, and sprinkle with the freshly topped basil and Parmesan cheese.
Love the colors in this dish….and love the plate!!!
Mmmmm….colorful, healthy and delicious pasta topping! It sounds divine!!!
What a super pasta meal, love how many mushrooms are in it! Can’t wait to try!
What a great dish! Great way to combine chicken and pasta. Thanks.
This is such a gorgeous dish, and it sounds absolutely amazing!! Pinned 🙂
this looks so delicious!! can’t wait to try in my tiny SF kitchen as well 🙂
Nice and simple dish for a weekday meal…love it!
Hope you are having a great week Kristianne 😀
How much chicken broth? It isn’t listed in the ingredients! Looks sooo yummy!
Sorry about that! Just 1 cup will do, it is only for flavor 🙂
Easy. But had NO idea how much chicken broth to put in. Finally found the comment about adding a cup. 12 oz of pasta makes way too much! I’d cut back to no more than 8 oz. Was a bit dry., so cutting back on the amount of pasta would help. ☺️
Sorry about that! 🙂