In college one of my favorite restaurants was called Silvergreens and they had these amazing garlic fries that I would always get as a side. I don’t like to make fries often because of the huge amount of fat and the acrylamides that form when baking/frying the potatoes, but they are SOO good sometimes I can’t resist. I adapted this baked garlic fries recipe from Ellie Krieger on the Food Network.
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 3 large baking potatoes, peeled
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 1 tbsp parsley
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Cut the potatoes into ¼-inch fries using a julienne blade on a mandoline slicer or with a knife.
- In a large bowl, toss oil, garlic, salt, pepper and potatoes together.
- Spread the potatoes onto a greased baking sheet in a single layer.
- Bake about 40 minutes, or until golden brown (turn after 20 minutes to bake both sides).
- Toss with parsley and serve hot. You may wish to pat excess oil with a paper towel.
Get your own mandoline slicer:
This post is sponsored by: