I have to share this soup recipe with you – it is my absolute new favorite. For this carrot, celery and potato cream soup you only need a few ingredients and it is really easy to make. I promise. I love making soups for lunch, because after breakfast I get busy with something and when lunchtime rolls around I don’t want to be in the kitchen cooking for hours and then cleaning up. With this soup recipe, you will be done cooking, eating, and cleaning in under 1 hour. You’re welcome 😉
I recommend getting an immersion blender so you don’t have to transfer your soup back and forth to a blender – just stick it in the soup and blend to however creamy you want your soup.
UPDATE: I now use a Thermomix® TM6 to cook all of my soups (I love this kitchen appliance so much I now sell them as a Thermomix® USA consultant!). I love that you can chop, sauté and purée the soups all in one bowl, and that you have access to over 60,000 recipes via wifi on the built-in touch screen display. So cool!! If you are interested in learning more, send me a message.
Have a great weekend! XoXo
p.s. I am getting married in 7 days!
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 5 medium carrots, chopped
- ½ yellow onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves
- 5 medium celery stalks, chopped
- 2 large potatoes
- 6 cups chicken broth
- ½ cup half and half
- 2 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp parsley
- Heat butter in a large stock pot over medium heat.
- Wash and chop celery and onion and toss into pot.
- Chop garlic cloves in half and add in. Simmer for 7 minutes covered.
- Wash, peel, and chop carrots and potatoes and add into pot.
- Add 6 cups of chicken broth and seasonings. Cover and bring to a boil.
- Boil for 20 minutes.
- Taste to make sure vegetables are tender, then remove from heat and cool for 5 minutes uncovered.
- Purée in a blender in portions until all is used and add back to pot. Soup should have a nice texture.
- Heat over low and stir in half and half. Add more seasonings if desired.
This post is sponsored by:
Disclaimer: I am a Thermomix® consultant and sell them as an independent business. “THERMOMIX,” “VORWERK,” “COOKKEY,” and “COOKIDOO” are a registered trademark of VORWERK (or its affiliates). VORWERK does not support, authorize or endorse this site. I also participate in the Amazon Affiliate network.