I have to share this soup recipe with you – it is my absolute new favorite. For this carrot, celery and potato cream soup you only need a few ingredients and it is really easy to make. I promise. I love making soups for lunch, because after breakfast I get busy with something and when lunchtime rolls around I don’t want to be in the kitchen cooking for hours and then cleaning up. With this soup recipe, you will be done cooking, eating, and cleaning in under 1 hour. You’re welcome 😉
Have a great weekend! XoXo
p.s. I am getting married in 7 days!
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 5 medium carrots, chopped
- ½ yellow onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves
- 5 medium celery stalks, chopped
- 2 large potatoes
- 6 cups chicken broth
- ½ cup half and half
- 2 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp parsley
- Heat butter in a large stock pot over medium heat.
- Wash and chop celery and onion and toss into pot.
- Chop garlic cloves in half and add in. Simmer for 7 minutes covered.
- Wash, peel, and chop carrots and potatoes and add into pot.
- Add 6 cups of chicken broth and seasonings. Cover and bring to a boil.
- Boil for 20 minutes.
- Taste to make sure vegetables are tender, then remove from heat and cool for 5 minutes uncovered.
- Purée in a blender in portions until all is used and add back to pot. Soup should have a nice texture.
- Heat over low and stir in half and half. Add more seasonings if desired.
This post is sponsored by: