Most of the scars on my body are from the kitchen, burning myself on something. I got another burn on my arm today from baking these chai tea cookies when I was taking the pan out of the oven. Ouch! Good thing I had a warm batch of chai tea cookies to comfort me afterwards. They helped. These chai tea cookies are really yummy! I made them with Oregon Chia Chai Tea Latte powdered mix, a product I received in my Degustabox this month.
Haven’t heard of Degustabox? It is a monthly surprise subscription food box that contains 10-15 food products delivered right to your door. I love getting new products to try every month. So far I haven’t seen most of the products I get in my Degustabox in the stores, which is a nice surprise! Check out their website for more information, and if you are interested in signing up (you can cancel anytime), here is a coupon just for My San Francisco Kitchen readers! -> Get your first Degustabox filled with 10-15 full-sized goodies for only $9.99! The shipping is always free.
Back to these delicious chia tea cookies…here is how you make them:
- ½ cup butter (1 stick), room temperature
- ¼ cup powdered sugar (plus more for coating)
- 3 tbsp chai tea latte mix
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp cinnamon (plus more for coating)
- ¼ tsp all-spice
- ⅛ tsp nutmeg
- ¼ tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a stand mixer, mix the butter, powdered sugar and chai tea latte mix.
- Add the egg yolk, vanilla and continue to mix.
- Add the spices and flour and mix until well combined.
- Form 1-inch balls of dough with your hand and place on a greased baking sheet.
- Bake for 16 minutes.
- Let cool 5 minutes, then roll in ½ cup powdered sugar mixed with 1 tbsp cinnamon.
Very interesting on the box, sounds fun! And these cookies sound great, I love chai tea and adding it to smoothies lately and need to try more treats with it. Thanks!