To help you get through those Monday blues, I have a special treat for you today – a cookie dough milkshake! Cookie dough ice cream used to be my favorite ice cream growing up. To cut some of the calories and fat, I used non-fat milk and light vanilla ice cream. For the cookie dough, it isn’t healthy to eat raw eggs, so I made a mini batch of egg-free cookie dough. Now that the weather is getting warmer, a milkshake is a refreshing treat and just the thing to get you through your Monday.
What is your favorite milkshake flavor?
- 1 cup light vanilla ice cream
- ½ cup non-fat milk
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 3 tbsp flour
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- ½ tbsp granulated sugar
- 1/16 tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- 2 tbsp chocolate chips
- Whipped cream for topping
- Add the butter, sugars, vanilla, salt, and flour to a mixer and blend well until creamy. Stir in the chocolate chips by hand.
- Add all ingredients to a blender and pulse a few times until the cookie dough is evenly dispersed (you may want to save some of the cookie dough for topping).
- Top with whipped cream and extra cookie dough.