Sunday is my favorite day of the week because I can get up and make myself a delicious breakfast…its nice to eat something besides yogurt or cereal in the morning! Today I made these chocolate chip waffles with part applesauce and whole wheat flour to make them a little healthier. I also made homemade waffle raspberry topping from organic frozen raspberries. This recipe makes 10 waffles, which is great because you can freeze them and have a quick breakfast all week! I made these waffles with my Aroma waffle maker. You can find waffle makers fairly cheap on Amazon (see below). These are perfect for a Valentine’s Day breakfast <3
Chocolate Chip Waffles with Homemade Raspberry Sauce
- 1¾ cups milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp granulated sugar
- ¼ cup applesauce
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 4 tsp baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1¼ cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup whole wheat flour
- ¼ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup frozen raspberries
- ¾ cup water
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup cold water
- 1 tbsp corn starch
- Preheat waffle maker.
- Add milk and eggs to a large bowl or measuring cup and mix with a whisk until blended well.
- Add and whisk sugar, applesauce, oil, baking powder, salt, and vanilla together.
- Add flour last and mix with whisk until well blended.
- Spray waffle maker with cooking spray before each time you pour the batter.
- Pour batter to fill lines on waffle maker and add chocolate chips quickly. Close.
- The cooking time depends on the waffle maker, but usually about 1 minute is enough, or until golden brown.
- Add ¾ cup of water, sugar and frozen raspberries to a small saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil.
- Mix cornstarch in ¼ cup cold water until fully dissolved, then add to raspberry mixture. Stir.
- Bring to a boil and then simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Top waffles with syrup, powdered sugar, and raspberry topping.
Makes 10 waffles and 1½ cups of raspberry topping
Get your own waffle maker:
This post is sponsored by:
What a cute, fun idea to make the raspberry into a heart shape!