Add this crispy circle potato recipe to any meal as a side, or make them simply for a snack! Play with the seasonings, there are many variations you can try 🙂
Crispy Circle Potatoes
- 1 russet potato, peeled
- ½ cup plain bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp water
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- ¼ tsp thyme
- ¼ tsp garlic salt
- ¼ tsp paprika
- ¼ tsp all-seasoned salt
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- Using a mandoline slicer, slice a peeled potato on 3/16 setting (if you don't have a mandoline slicer, slice in thin coins).
- With a fork, beat egg and water well in a medium-sized bowl. Place potato slices in egg mixture, and let sit 5 minutes.
- On a plate, mix bread crumbs with seasonings.
- Add ¼ cup vegetable oil to skillet and heat on high.
- Once oil is hot, coat potato slices in bread crumb mixture on each side, and toss into skillet one by one.
- Turn after about 30 seconds on each side, careful not to burn.
- Transfer to a plate covered with a paper towel to drain grease.
Makes about 12 slices per potato.
This post is sponsored by:
My kids absolutely loved these. Thanks a bunch!
I ate the whole batch myself…uh oh
God I used to love these. I’ll be cooking a batch soon. Thanks!