For Valentine’s Day, California Endive Farms sent me this beautiful bouquet of fresh endive! I couldn’t wait to try out some new recipes with them, and I made this healthy red endive appetizer with dried cranberries, pecans, light crumbled feta cheese and arugula. Endive naturally have a slightly bitter taste, so the sweet dried cranberries and smooth feta cheese add a pleasant flavor, while the crunchy pecans add a great texture. I didn’t use a lot of arugula as you can see, since it was more for garnish than flavor. I think endive make a beautiful appetizer! You may choose to drizzle a champagne or red wine vinaigrette if desired, but I prefer them either way. Do you have a favorite endive recipe??
- 1 red endive
- 1/2 cup dried red cranberries
- 1/3 cup light crumbled feta cheese
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- A few arugula leaves (thinly sliced) for garnish
- Chop the bottom off of the endive and carefully peel it apart.
- Fill each endive piece with dried cranberries, feta cheese, pecans and top with thinly sliced arugula for garnish.
- Drizzle with a champagne or red wine vinaigrette if desired. [img src=”http://mysanfranciscokitchen.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/endive-1.jpg” /]