To celebrate the end of exams, I baked some of these infamous slutty brownies. No, I didn’t come up with the name of these naughty treats made with chocolate chip cookie dough, brownies, and Oreo cookies, but they have been popping up everywhere lately. Where did they come from? Duncan Hines has a recipe for these slutty brownies, but they use their own mixes to make them and I wanted to make them from scratch. They became even more famous a few months ago when Jessica Simpson announced on The Tonight Show that she was craving slutty brownies during her pregnancy. I refuse to calculate how many calories are in each serving for this recipe, because frankly I don’t want to know!! I feel a heart attack coming on just looking at one. But they are sooo good. Everything in moderation right?
By the way, I used my recipe for Better than Box Fudge Brownies for the brownie part.
- 1¼ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 stick unsalted butter (1/2 cup) at room temperature
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- See recipe above for my fudge brownie from scratch recipe
- 16 Oreo cookies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Whisk together dry ingredients (flour, baking soda, salt) in a bowl.
- In a standalone mixer bowl fitted with paddle attachment, cream together butter and sugar on medium speed.
- Add egg and vanilla and mix on low until blended.
- Gradually add dry ingredient mixture to mixer and blend on low.
- Spoon into an 8x8 glass dish or baking pan with a spatula and flatten. Place in refrigerator until brownie batter is made.
- Top with Oreos in 4 rows (4 in each row).
- Pour brownie batter on top.
- Shake around to make sure batter is evenly distributed.
- Bake in the oven for 45-55 minutes (check with a fork for doneness) depending on how "gooey" you want the center to be.
- Let cool 15 minutes, then cut into squares and serve with ice cream.
This post is sponsored by:
See this post on: