I made these pecan bars for my reflection meeting at school tomorrow. They are so addicting, I wanted to eat them all! They also make a great dessert for Thanksgiving. What desserts will you be having?
Thanksgiving Pecan Bars
- 1.5 sticks cold, cubed unsalted butter (3/4 cup)
- 1.5 cups all-purpose flour
- ⅔ cup light brown sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tbsp cold water
- 1 stick unsalted butter (1/2 cup)
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- Pinch of salt
- ⅓ cup light corn syrup
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 2.5 cups coarsely chopped raw pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 °F.
- Line a 13x9 inch baking pan with aluminum foil. Spray with non-stick baking spray, or butter well.
- Blend flour, sugar, salt, and butter with a pastry blender or in a food processor until crumbly.
- Add 2 tbsp cold water and mix with a fork to form a cohesive dough.
- Press dough into bottom of baking pan to form crust, and bake in oven for 20-25 minutes (until golden brown).
- In a stand mixer (I used hand mixer and also worked, just make sure to use a large bowl) add butter, brown sugar, and a pinch of salt. Mix on medium speed about 3 minutes until creamy.
- Add corn syrup, flour, and pecans and mix on low until just combined.
- Spread filling over crust with spatula.
- Bake at 350 °F for about 30 minutes (or until bubbling), and cool in pan.
- Once cool, remove by picking up foil out of the pan and cut bars.
- Makes 24 bars.
Serving size: 1 bar Calories: 230 Fat: 16g Saturated fat: 6.5g Sugar: 11g