When I first tried this homemade vanilla frosting recipe, I couldn’t stop eating it! It truly is just as good (actually, BETTER) than the store-bought kind, and it goes great on cakes or cupcakes. Its really easy too!
Better-than-Storebought Vanilla Cake Frosting
- ¼ cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 tbsp milk
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- Cube butter and place in standalone mixer bowl.
- Using the whisk attachment, whisk butter, vanilla, and 1 cup of sugar together on medium speed until smooth.
- Add remaining sugar and 1 tbsp milk. Whisk on medium to high for a few minutes until frosting is smooth.
Makes 1 cup of frosting
Excellent recipe. Makes just enough to frost 1 dozen.
Try substituting buttermilk for the milk in this recipe….such a subtle change but people will rave about it!! 🙂
It is soooo! good soooo! easy make it you want be sorry!
just made this tonight for my dorm guys–vanilla cake topped with your amazing frosting and fresh kenyan strawberries. SO good, and the guys raved about it.
this is definitely going in my shortlist of frosting recipes. thanks!
Does this frosting have to be refrigerated? Or can I frost a cake and leave the cake sitting out or would the cake need to be put in the fridge?
Both should be refrigerated, the cake covered in platic wrap (use toothpicks so it doesn’t stick!)