Yesterday was a gorgeous day in the city. We went to the beach and afterwards tried a new Indian restaurant called Viva Goa in the marina district, which was incredible! They have an appetizer called “Chicken Lollipops” which is a must-try. The beach was pretty crowded due to the nice weather, but all of the lively people made for an entertaining afternoon.
This zucchini fritter recipe is one of my favorite healthy snack recipes. They take a good amount of time to make, but you can make a large batch and then freeze some for later! If you have a food processor, it is much easier to make them, but you can also shred the zucchini by hand (I have done both before). Zucchini is made of mostly water, so it is really important to squeeze out as much water as possible – I usually get about 1/4 cup of water from one zucchini. I love these little zucchini pancakes warm with a dollop of cold, light sour cream.
- 3 medium zucchini
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- ¼ tsp paprika
- ⅓ cup finely chopped onion
- 1 egg
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- Canola oil
- Shred the zucchini by hand or in a food processor, then transfer to a mixing bowl and add the salt.
- Using your hands, squeeze out as much water as possible into the sink or a bowl (I usually get ¼ cup per zucchini).
- Mix in the pepper and paprika, then the onion, egg, flour and baking powder well.
- Heat 1 tbsp of oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Once the oil is hot, drop 1 tablespoon of batter onto the skillet and press down with the back of the spoon to flatten. Flatter is better so they cook through!
- Repeat until the skillet is filled, then cook each side for about 3 minutes (should be golden brown before flipping).
- Serve with sour cream.
i need to make these soon..do you think i could almond meal for all purposE?
I haven’t tried that before, let me know if you do and how they turn out!
These fritters look magnificent delicious job 🙂
Choc Chip Uru
Love these healthy looking treats Kristi. I would totally just eat them for dinner!!!
mmmmm I would totally dunk these in marinara sauce and call it a day!
Cute beach pic, how nice. And this recipe looks wonderful, thanks! They’d go great with so many sauces.
I am all over these! Hot with sour cream?!!? Get in maaa belly!
They look lovely and definitely a recipe I could try out on my very picky toddler.
I’ve also been loving the beautiful bay area weather (come back again, sun!). My friend Tina makes zucchini fritters and they’re sooo yummy. I’m definitely going to give yours a try.
Thank you Sarah! 🙂
Was hesitant to try because I didn’t want to shred the zucchini by hand, but it was worth it! Added just a little more salt and it was perfect!