This year I am planning very early for the holidays! I have already started thinking about gifts for family, friends and neighbors…which has been a challenge because of COVID-19. I usually love to bake cookies and treats and pass them out to all of the neighbors, but this year I am wondering about everyone’s comfort level with those types of gifts. After some thought, I had an idea about making jar gifts! Canning is a safe way to spread cheer this holiday season. You can find many jarred food items that last a very long time when canned correctly at home by sterilization (see this USDA guide to make sure you are doing it right!). My Thermomix® makes jar gifts super easy to make and store.
I found the perfect 7 jar gift ideas on the Thermomix® recipe database, Cookidoo®, which has over 60,000 recipes and so much inspiration…especially for homemade holiday gifts! If you are looking to get your Thermomix® before the holiday season starts, reach out to me ASAP 😉 OK let’s check out these amazing jar gift ideas!
- Strawberry Jam – https://cookidoo.thermomix.com/recipes/recipe/en-US/r91232 – My favorite jam, it goes great on everything! Store in the refrigerator for up to 6 months (the USDA says all home canned goods should be used within 1 year)
- Apple Butter – https://cookidoo.thermomix.com/recipes/recipe/en-US/r91232 – Delicious on toast or used as a filling for desserts. Once opened, use within 2 weeks and keep refrigerated.
- Lemon Curd – https://cookidoo.thermomix.com/recipes/recipe/en-US/r91295 – Serve as a spread on bread or scones, or as a filling in desserts. Lasts up to 4 weeks in the refrigerator
- Berry Curd – https://cookidoo.thermomix.com/recipes/recipe/en-US/r555888 – Berries, lime juice and butter, oh my! Delicious on toast or as a filling in tarts. Refrigerate and use within 4 weeks.
- Hot Fudge Sauce – https://cookidoo.thermomix.com/recipes/recipe/en-US/r427633 – Homemade hot fudge sauce is such a treat! Refrigerate and keep for 2 weeks.
- Chocolate Hazelnut Spread – https://cookidoo.thermomix.com/recipes/recipe/en-US/r91294 – I love eating this on toast for breakfast! Store in the refrigerator.
- Ginger Snap Cookie Butter – https://cookidoo.thermomix.com/recipes/recipe/en-US/r554584 – For the cookie lovers in your life! Tastes great on breads or muffins. Store in the refrigerator and bring to room temperature when serving.
What is your favorite jar gift idea (doesn’t have to be listed above!)? Tell me in the comments below!
All recipes and photos in this post are copyright Cookidoo®.
Disclaimer: I am a Thermomix® consultant and sell them as an independent business. “THERMOMIX,” “VORWERK,” “COOKKEY,” and “COOKIDOO” are a registered trademark of VORWERK (or its affiliates). VORWERK does not support, authorize or endorse this site.