Rice doesn’t have to be boring! I love experimenting with new rice recipes. I have to admit that sometimes the already boxed flavored rice packages are faster and easier, but nothing beats a homemade rice recipe. This rice recipe incorporates carrots, celery, garlic and sliced almonds. Just fry with a little olive oil and then bake in the oven and you have a perfect side dish for your dinner!
Since I promised pics from our honeymoon, here is one of my favorite beaches in Maui where we took windsurfing lessons!
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup diced yellow onion
- ½ cup diced carrots
- ¼ cup diced celery
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 cups long-grain white rice
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp white pepper
- 3 cups chicken broth
- ½ cup sliced almonds
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place a medium pot over medium-high heat and add the olive oil.
- Add the onions, carrots and celery, stirring occasionally until the onions are translucent (about 5 minutes).
- Add the garlic and saute until it starts to brown.
- Add the rice to the pan and toast about 5 minutes.
- Season with the salt and white pepper.
- Add the chicken broth and bring to a boil. Stir well.
- Transfer the rice to an ovenproof baker with cover and place in the oven.
- Bake covered for 25 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Fold the almonds into the rice and fluff well.
This post is sponsored by: