This spiced cranberry chutney is a MUST for your holiday parties this year. You can use fresh cranberries, but when they are not available, dried whole cranberries simmered in water achieve the same result. I used sweetened dried whole cranberries in this easy cranberry chutney recipe, with apples, spices and pecans to give it a nice, crunchy texture. This cranberry chutney is really easy to make, and goes great with crackers and soft Brie cheese as a snack or appetizer.
The crackers I used for my cranberry chutney are Wasa Thins with Sesame and Sea Salt that I got in my October Degustabox, which is a monthly surprise subscription food box that contains 10-15 food products delivered right to your door. The shipping is always free! I love being surprised since you don’t know what products you are going to get each month. I love trying new products I never heard of before or wouldn’t otherwise get to try. It is a lot of fun!
Here is a special code to get 50% your first order: DEGUSTA10.
- 1 cup water
- 12 oz sweetened dried whole cranberries
- 1 cup chopped, peeled apples
- ⅓ cup apple cider vinegar
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp allspice
- ¼ tsp ginger
- ¼ cup chopped pecans
- Add all ingredients to a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 12 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and cool.
- Pulse a few times in a blender until you reach the desired texture.
- Stir in the pecans and store in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- Spread on cheese and crackers, or top meats.