I guess this week’s theme is “oreos” since last night I made these white chocolate dipped oreos, and tonight I made this delicious oreo cookie cake. I used to make a similar kind with my mom, but sometimes we used cool whip for the frosting and we would freeze it. Other times we made it this way, with traditional vanilla frosting and crushed oreos…yum!
|Heavenly Oreo™ Cookie Cake||
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/8 cup vegetable oil
- 1/8 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup boiling water
- 1 cup vanilla frosting
- 10 Oreo cookies
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour one 9-inch round baking pan (double recipe to make 2).
- Add sugar, flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt to a standalone mixer bowl and whisk together.
- Add eggs, milk, oil and vanilla and beat on medium speed for about 2 minutes. [img src=”http://mysanfranciscokitchen.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/oreocake-1.jpg” /]
- Stir in boiling water with a spoon. Scrape batter into baking pan using a spatula.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes, then transfer from pan to wire cooling rack. [img src=”http://mysanfranciscokitchen.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/oreocake-2.jpg” /]
- Cool completely before frosting with vanilla frosting (see recipe link above). [img src=”http://mysanfranciscokitchen.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/oreocake-4.jpg” /]
- Grind Oreos by hand or using a food processor and sprinkle on the top of the cake. [img src=”http://mysanfranciscokitchen.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/oreocake-3.jpg” /] [img src=”http://mysanfranciscokitchen.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/oreocake-5.jpg” /]
- Decorate as desired with remaining frosting and Oreos. [img src=”http://mysanfranciscokitchen.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/oreocookiecake.jpg” /] [img src=”http://mysanfranciscokitchen.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/oreocake-half.jpg” /] [img src=”http://mysanfranciscokitchen.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/oreo-cake-slice.jpg” /]
This post is sponsored by: