Can you believe Spring is here already?! What happened to Winter? It came and went, and all of the snow is already melting. I am still enjoying warm home-cooked meals, like this kale and zucchini baked ziti. The zucchini is pre-cooked with onions and garlic in a skillet, and then tossed with organic chickpea penne pasta and sauce. My favorite part is the melted cheese on top, yum!
I got to try this delicious chickpea pasta in my Degustabox this month. You may have seen me mention it on here before, but just in case you aren’t familiar: Degustabox is a monthly surprise subscription food box that contains 10-15 food products delivered right to your door. Shipping is always free. I love getting to try new products I have never seen at the grocery store before, like this chickpea pasta. I am discovering new favorites all of the time.
Get your first Degustabox filled with 10-15 full-sized goodies for only $9.99 – just for MSFK readers 😉
Are you bummed Winter is over? Or are you still enjoying all of the nice things that come with it like hot cocoa, soups and warm pasta dishes?
- 8 oz Tolerant chick pea pasta
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ small yellow onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 small zucchini, chopped
- 8 oz frozen kale, thawed
- 1 cup tomato basil pasta sauce
- ¼ tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Heat the oil in a skillet and add the onion, garlic and zucchini. Cook about 7 minutes, until tender, mixing occasionally.
- Cook the pasta according to package directions, drain and add to an oven-proof baking dish along with the zucchini mixture.
- Add the kale, pasta sauce, pepper flakes and stir.
- Top with the cheese and bake in the oven about 20 minutes, until cheese beings to brown.