This post brought to you by Carton Smart. All opinions are 100% mine.
OK, I have another pumpkin recipe for you guys! I just can’t get enough this Fall. This holiday season, Tetra Pak and Pacific Foods sent me a few items to sample in environment-friendly packaging: pumpkin puree, jellied cranberry sauce, and chicken stock. Now, you all know how much I am loving pumpkin recipes this fall, so I decided to try out the pumpkin puree first! I made some delicious pumpkin french toast, which was just the perfect thing to warm me up on a chilly morning.
Here are the products I received:
The pumpkin french toast recipe is very simple – no baking required! Enjoy :)!
Whip up eggs, milk, cinnamon, sugar and pumpkin puree, then soak each slice of bread before cooking on a heated skillet.
Here is more information about Tetra Pak: Tetra Pak carton packages, designed for maximum efficiency and environmental friendliness, are one small way to live smarter and Be Carton Smart. Here are a few reasons why Tetra Pak cartons are pantry stables for those that enjoy living smart:
• Tetra Pak® cartons are made of 70% paper, a renewable resource, from selectively harvested, re-grown trees that are FSC-certified (Forest Stewardship Council)
• Cartons use 1/3 of the packaging compared to cans…or even an egg!
• Cartons are space saving, easy to store and open. Keep your pantry neat and toss your can openers. , stackable and space saving.
• The unique packaging process preserves the flavor and nutrients of food without the use of preservatives.Product quality is exactly the way it was intended to be.
• Recycleable and in fact result in 60% less landfill waste than cans
• Cartons are re-closable so you can use what you need and save the rest for later.
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- ½ cup Pacific Foods Organic Pumpkin Puree
- ¼ cup milk
- 8 slices whole wheat bread
- 1 tbsp sugar
- Powdered sugar for topping
- Beat the egg, cinnamon, sugar, pumpkin puree and milk together in a shallow bowl.
- Heat a greased skillet over medium heat.
- Dip both sides of the bread slices in the batter, gently shaking out excess batter back into the bowl.
- Cook each side of the toast on the skillet until golden brown, about 2-3 minutes per side.