Happy Saturday! This week has been so busy for me, so last night I forced myself to go to the pool and sauna for some “me time” and I am so glad I did. The hardest part was making the effort to go, but afterwards it was so relaxing. What are your plans for the weekend?
This roasted garlic crostini recipe makes an easy, delicious appetizer or snack. Crostini means “little toasts” in Italian, and although you can top them with a variety of ingredients, I like to spread goat cheese on top of them and then the roasted garlic and sprinkle chopped walnuts on top. The inspiration for these came from my favorite restaurant on highway 1 when they served us a thinly sliced baguette with our choice of roasted garlic, goat cheese, salmon, and nuts to top them with. Whenever I make these crostini I have to make a lot because I can’t stop eating them! I always forget that just because they are smaller doesn’t mean I can eat the whole baguette. 🙂 I just love roasted garlic!
- 1 thin baguette, thinly sliced (I used Italian)
- 1 head of garlic
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 tbsp spreadable goat cheese
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Chop ¼ inch off of the top (pointy part) of the garlic head, and drizzle olive oil over the garlic, letting it seep in.
- Wrap the garlic in aluminum foil and bake for about 30 minutes.
- Toast the baguette slices (you can put them in the same oven while the garlic is baking to save energy, or toast them in a toaster oven) until the edges turn golden brown and they are crispy.
- Spread the goat cheese over the baguette slices.
- Use a butterknife to remove the garlic spread from each clove and spread over the baguette slices.
- Top with chopped walnuts and serve warm.
Roasted garlic has such a unique taste to it and kicks up the flavor in recipes like crazy, I love it!!
I think going to the pool is a great way to relax. I do it twice a week religiously for my sanity. I love garlic crostini – so full of flavour and roasted garlic is amazing xx
Yum! I just love simple recipes like this. I’ve been doing a bit of bread baking lately and now I’m thinking I might have to make a baguette this week so I can give this recipe a try!
I love roasted garlic! And serving it on crostini really shows off its wonderful flavor. The walnuts are a great idea, too. Good stuff – thanks!
Omigoodness yesssss. I cannot wait to try these-I love goat cheese and roasted garlic!!
I am seriously salivating over these!
I’m not crazy about goat cheese, but I’m intrigued by how it could go with plenty of roasted garlic. Yum!
My dad would LOVEEEEE This, he loves garlic – he eats it straight up. Yeah, crazy polaks.