We made it, it’s Friday! This week was really busy for me since I started my new rotation, but now that it is the end of the week I am feeling like I am getting the hang of things. We have friends visiting right now, and lucky for me they like to cook! More than one person who likes to cook always equals AMAZING food for dinner, so I have felt like I have been eating at a 4-star restaurant every night 😉
Recently Ragú asked me to create a New-Tra-Dish using two of their Italian recipes and Ragú® Old World Style® Traditional Sauce. For the first, I chose to recreate their Sausage and Peppers recipe, turning into a sandwich. When I first saw the recipe, it looked flavorful, but it was missing something…carbs! Oh yes, and don’t forget cheese! I added some mozzarella cheese on top, which goes great with the saucy filling.
Each jar of Ragú® Old World Style® Traditional Sauce is made with 11 tomatoes, so it is incredibly thick! It has authentic Italian taste, which fits perfectly with this recipe. For more quick and easy recipe ideas using Ragú sauces, visit their Facebook page: Facebook.com/RaguSauce
Visit www.RaguSweeps.com to enter the Ragú Better and Better Sweepstakes for a chance to win great Authentic Italian themed prizes and a grand prize trip to Venice for a family of four!
Abbreviated contest rules: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Legal residents of the 50 United States (D.C.) 18 years and older. Ends 5/6/14. To enter and for Official Rules, icluding odds, alternate method of entry, and prize descriptions, visit www.RaguSweeps.com. Void where prohibited.
Stay tuned for my next creation!!
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb sweet Italian sausage, sliced
- ½ red bell pepper, sliced
- ½ green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 jar Ragú® Old World Style® Traditional Sauce
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- Parsley for garnish
- 4 whole wheat sandwich rolls
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add the sausage and stir occasionally over 5 minutes.
- Add the peppers and stir for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the sauce and heat through.
- Add the hot filling to the sandwich rolls and top with mozzarella cheese.