Happy Friday!! Growing up we had Mexican night almost every Friday, and it was my favorite night of the week since I love Mexican food. My mom makes the best guacamole and salsa from scratch!! She recently gave me these tostada pans so that I can bake tortillas instead of fry them when I make tostadas. Baked tostadas are so much healthier, and are surprisingly just as crunchy and delicious as fried tostadas! They are really easy to make, and perfect for a quick lunch or dinner (tip: make the chicken the day/night before and keep it in a sealed pyrex dish in the fridge!). You can get creative with the ingredients you choose to add, I kept this baked chicken tostada recipe fairly basic. Tostadas are definitely one of my top favorite Mexican dishes, and I love piling them up with sour cream, salsa and guacamole! What is your favorite Mexican dish?
p.s. If you are wondering where you can buy these tostada pans, Amazon has them for a good price here.
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- ¾ cup chicken broth
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1 tsp pepper
- ¼ tsp salt
- 4 flour tortillas
- 2 cups romaine lettuce
- 1 cup black beans
- 1 cup cooked white rice
- Cilantro, salsa, sour cream and guacamole for topping
- Add chicken, chicken broth, garlic, cumin, chili powder, cayenne pepper, salt and pepper to a crock pot and turn to "high" for 2 hours.
- Turn crockpot down to low.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Spray tostada pans with non-stick cooking spray and place the tortillas inside, pressing against the mold.
- Bake for 5-10 minutes, until tortillas begin to turn golden brown. The longer you leave them in, the more crispy they will be - but careful not to burn!
- Remove baked tostada shells from pans and place on a plate.
- Shred the chicken using two forks.
- Fill the tostada shells with lettuce, chicken, rice and black beans, then top with salsa, cilantro, sour cream and guacamole.
Holy Guacamole this looks good. Sorry I could not resist. We had tex mex on friday too. We made flat chicken tostadas with homemade Guacamole, acme salsa and lots of yummy toppings. Have a super weekend. BAM
Your Chicken Tostadas looks beautiful. I love your baked and healthier version. I gotta get myself one of the baking pan. 🙂 My favorite Mexican dish is Chicken Quesadillas. But I might just have a few favorite after I try your recipe. 🙂
Thanks for your comment Amy 🙂
Thanks for the link to those tostada pans. I’ll definitely be picking up a couple of those! I just love Mexican food and I cook up a Mexican lunch every Friday. We like to call it Fiesta Friday 🙂
Looks good! I love Mexican food! I could eat it every night!! Your little tostadas look amazing!!
So glad the weekend is here and this looks wonderful, I want to try a version with tempeh – yum! 🙂
Mmm looks good! Thank you for including the amazon link – I definitely need to purchase these pans!
I’m having a total craving for Mexican right now – this looks SO friggin good!!!
I love Mexican food but I’ve never heard of tostadas before – these look so cute and sound so delicious! Its so fun to reenact favourite childhood dinners out of home 🙂
I didn’t know there were tostada molds for baking! Great idea – I’ll have to look for those. Not are are baked tostadas healthier, it’s such a pain frying them. Anyway, this dish looks great. I love Mexican, but this reminds me it’s been way too long since we’ve cooked any! Time to remedy that, don’t you think? 😉 Really nice – thanks.
Just made this up tonight for the family & they loved it! I tweaked your recipe by adding a little tomato paste. I have to work on cooking the black beans right. Such a great combo!
Glad you liked the recipe!! 😀 Thanks for the feedback!
trying this tonight, but after you turn the Crockpot to low how long do you continue to cook the chicken? Another 2 hours?
Hi Karrie! Yes sorry forget to include that – about 2 hours on low 🙂