This is not your traditional pasta recipe! It may sound strange at first to make a pasta sauce using avocados, but I promise this avocado pasta sauce is so so so delicious! Ripe avocados create a creamy texture, and lemon, garlic and Parmesan cheese add in lots of flavor. I love creamy pasta sauces, like Alfredo sauce, but they are usually incredibly fattening. When you add that to a huge bowl of carb-heavy pasta, you are asking for some weight gain 😉 I also usually feel unhealthy and sluggish afterwards. This avocado-based pasta sauce is a healthy alternative, and I actually like it better than Alfredo sauce! No butter or heavy cream needed here 😉 This is a really quick and east vegetarian dish.
This week I started my post-baby workout training. I am finally feeling ready to get back into shape, and my goal is to get into better shape than before I was pregnant! I have 12 pounds to lose to get back to my pre-pregnancy weight, and after that I want to tone and add muscle. I know it will be hard work, but the results with be worth it! Here is the plan for now: cycling 2x/week, running + strength training 2x/week, cardio dance + stairmaster 1x/week, swimming 1x/week. My doctor advised a weight loss of 1lb a week, which means I have to start slow and eat a lot to make sure I don’t lose too much at once and help my body build muscles. Since I am nursing, I am already burning a lot of calories! Losing too much weight and dieting can affect milk supply, so it will be a challenging balance. It feels great to work out again, after 10 months of only walking and yoga.
- 1 package linguine noodles
- 1 ripe avocado
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tbsp fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tbsp freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Chopped fresh parsley for garnish
- Cook the linguine noodles per package directions, strain and set aside to cool slightly.
- Slice the avocado in half and twist apart. Remove the pit and scoop the meat out with a spoon into a blender or food processor.
- Add the remaining ingredients, holding the parsley for the topping, and blend until smooth. Add more olive oil for a smoother texture.
- Toss the avocado pasta sauce with the noodles.
- Top the avocado linguine with freshly grated Parmesan cheese and chopped parsley.